Wherever welding work is carried out, smoke and ultrafine dust particles are emitted into the atmosphere. And if the concentrations of harmful welding pollutants exceed the work place limit then employers need to react. This is where the NOVUS Airtower delivers with its impressive room air treatment technology. Unlike conventional extraction solutions and filtration systems, it requires no piping and can therefore be used flexibly.
The Airtower is suitable for use in halls of all orders of magnitude. Optimised for the relevant air volume flow, every model is available in four different power levels (in relation to the air volume flow). This means that we have perfect designs to suit every size of hall and personnel.
Airtower – with two operating principles
Plug & Play principle – The Airtower has been specially developed for welding workstations. It can easily be set up based on the "plug & play" principle without the need for any pipes, and with its lifting points for forklift handling and crane eye bolts it can be quickly and easily positioned wherever you need it: Set up, connect power and compressed air supply, run.
Layer ventilation principle – The contaminated air is aspirated, filtered and then discharged as clean breathable air at ground level with no air drafts. And this through an extended 270-degree range. Here, the Airtower works following the layer ventilation principle, which is recommended by the German Social Accident Insurance Institution and is seen as the best form of air recirculation.
Reliable extraction device ...
During welding procedures, thermal flows are created that are exploited by the Airtower. The contaminated air is aspirated at the top of the unit, where it then passes through the upper intake duct and is directed towards the filter cartridges. Here, the air is then evenly distributed across the filter cartridges based on the screening principle.
... with an effective filter for welding fumes
More than 99.5 percent of contamination particles are removed – Once more than 99.5 % of the particles have been filtered out of the contaminated air, the purified air escapes from the upper side of the filter cartridge. A fan transports it to the air outlets at ground level, through which the air is then discharged back into the room without creating any drafts. For good measure there is a further fine particulate air filter upstream of the fan.
The Airtower is said to be market leader for low-noise and energy-efficient operation. Therefore we focus on innovative ideas and high quality. We also offer our customers the opportunity to adapt our units and service to their needs, so that they can be further improved and tailored to suit their individual requirements.
NOVUS Airtower - Looks good on the outside, powerful package on the inside
- Side panelling made of high-tech polycarbonate
- Impact resistant, scratch-proof, heat resistant
- Control panel with colour display
- Round design for 270° flow-optimised air distribution
- Draft-free backflow < 1.5 m/s
- Installation and commissioning service
- Flexible and individual in its applications
- No complex pipework installation or assembly work necessary
- Fully-automated operation for heating cost savings of up to 70%
- Adaptable capacity increase: Purification of air volumes ranging from 5,000 to 20,000 m³/h
Individualised filter tower
- IFA W3 tested version for the extraction of high-alloy steel welding fumes
- Filtermats impregnated with activated carbon for odour reduction
- For use as an AC unit with integrated heat exchangers for heating or cooling (see Climate Package)
- Room air quality sensor controls the performance of the unit
- Wireless remote control
- Programmable ON times
- Filter cartridges with Nano-Layer (see Nano Filter Package)
- Volume flow control (see Efficiency Package)
Evolution and Efficiency to get more power
- Energy savings of up to 60% at full power
- Noise reduction of up to 10dB(A)
- Infinitely variable power control
- Increased air volume across the full service of the filter cartridges
Ideal indoor climate while lowering energy expenses
- Cool/Hear and Filter with a single system
- Improve the indoor air climate by controlling the discharge temperature
- Reduce heating and energy costs
- Staff favourite
Declining operating costs, increased security
- Longer service life with stable pressure drop during operation
- Higher removal rate from the beginning
- Improved energy balance
- No precoating required
The Airtower can be used in a range of different processing and machining processes. Matched to the requirements of emissions such as fume particulates, aerosols and gaseous air pollutants, a separate model has been developed for each of the three application areas. Two special models have been designed particularly for localised aspiration of welding fumes. The AirTower Pipe and the DoubleCleaner.
Extracting welding fumes in production halls
The Airtower F is our specialist for the extraction and filtration of emissions arising from welding, soldering and plasma cutting in production halls.
For stationary piping systems
This variant is suitable for localised extraction of contaminated air from up to 16 welding workstations. Advantages include energy-efficient recirculated air mode in winter and the low cost and effort of installation.
Oil mist and aerosol extraction
The Airtower M is our plug-and-play device used to purify the production hall air from emissions arising from cutting fluids and aerosols.
Hall extraction of cooling lubricants with 360° air conditioning
The Airtower Climate 360M is our plug-and-play device used to purify the production hall air from emissions arising from cutting fluids and aerosols and cool your production hall, or heat it if required.
Successfully fighting odours and gases
The Airtower O is our plug-and-play device when it comes to extracting gaseous emissions and especially odours.
With flexible suction arms
Among other things, this variant of the Airtower stands out with energy-efficient recirculated air mode, flexible positioning of its suction arms and ease of installation.
The Airtower can be used flexibly in most technical processing steps where different types of dust occur. This device has been particularly optimised for use at variable welding workstations. It can be deployed in the metallurgy and metal processing industry, machine construction, the manufacturing of motor vehicles and their components, repairs and setting up machines.
If you are interested in our Airtower, please use the detailed form for your inquiry. Our sales team is available for individual consulting. If you require more information about our products or services offered, you can contact us at any time in person, by phone or simply by using our callback service.